New Discussion юеВ

CAAgents run wild

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

CAAgents run wild

Hi,

I am running 5.1A patch kit 6 and three agents use cpu so much that the 4 cpu 4100 machine is at its end. I tried to the them but they just reappear.

Any idea? Thanks,

Michael
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: CAAgents run wild

Michael,

Maybe binary.errlog is quite large or inconsistent. Try the following:

desta stop
kill -USR1 `cat /var/run/binlogd.pid`
desta start

The CAAgents are used by de desta director and wccproxy which are handling system event analysis.

Depending on your setup the CAAgents might also be handling events comming from other systems.

__ Johan.

_JB_
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Johan, my hero!

Your advice seemed right.
I still have a couple of questions.
The customer information is for information only, right?
I am not sure about the setting below. Does it resovle mail alias and is it correct to refer to the local machine as smtp server?

thanks,

Michael
SMTP Contact: root@fra10d.fraed.de.danzas.com SMTP Server: fra10d.fraed.de.danzas.com ACHS Contact: unixadmins
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Well, above WEBES "System Information" , will work as long as someone did run a basic mailsetup on this node and 'unixadmins' is in /var/adm/sendmail/aliases and someone ran newaliases.

__ Johan.

_JB_
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Johan,

I have defined unixadmins in .mailrc.
Is that the wrong place then?

thanks,

Michael
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

.mailrc is user specific, so it will work if WEBES uses the same userid /$HOME/.mailrc, and since the desta director runs as root /.mailrc will do the job.

Different mailhandlers use different default rc files like /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc or /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases

__ Johan.

_JB_