1753604 Members
6425 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CDE or Gnome for HP-UX 11i v3 download

EEESEC
Frequent Advisor

CDE or Gnome for HP-UX 11i v3 download

Is there a supported graphical desktop for 11i v3 IA available for download? Everything on the software depot is for earlier version of HP-UX.

I see I have both Gnome and CDE included on my 11i v3 system DVD, but can't use them since the files on the disk have somehow gotten corrupted. I'm ordering some more copies but I find it odd (and annoying) that there's nowhere this can be downloaded.

I actually created a ticket about this and they pointed me to the Software Depot page for the HP-UX Developer's Toolkit which specifically states "11i Itanium┬о releases consist of only X11R6 and Motif2.1 header files, sample programs, man pages and shared links to native libraries for Itanium┬о... HP CDE 2.1 (11.00, 11.11 only)." Good ole HP support.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
EEESEC
Frequent Advisor

Re: CDE or Gnome for HP-UX 11i v3 download

Reading more carefully I see the HP-UX Developer's Toolkit download mentions a "HPDesktopDev" for versions higher than 11i v2. Searching around I find this on the depot under the name of "HP-UX Developer's Toolkit for HP-UX 11i v3" which has the CDE for 11i v3 included in it.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a Gnome download anywhere for 11i v3 IA? Would actually prefer Gnome (but at this point would take what I can get).

Thanks.
EEESEC
Frequent Advisor

The journey continues.

After installing the Desktop Developer's Toolkit for 11i v3, I found that (despite what the HP "engineer" stated in my ticket and how it is described on the Software Depot site) it does NOT contain the full CDE 2.1 that you would need. I updated my ticket with this info and finally got the response that there is actually nowhere to download the CDE, I must use the media disk. Since the one they sent me is corrupted I guessed I'm screwed until they send me another one.

Further, it seems to be a process to install the CDE after initial OE install and can cause file system corruption if you don't do it right. I was referred to knowledge document emr_na-c01106503-1 on SAW. I have no access to SAW, but luckily was provided instructions. I would post them but HP has a big "this is copyrighted material" stamp on it, I suppose so that they can continue to force everyone to rely on their crappy support.

Hopefully this post will save others some time.

EEESEC
Frequent Advisor

Closed