5496 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CDrom showing up as another device.

John Jimenez
Super Advisor

CDrom showing up as another device.

I am sure my cdrom was c1t2d0
But I cannot mount it. And when I do an IOSCAN it comes up as something called "ACARD SCSIDE". Has anyone ever heard of a driver change like this? Anyone know what could have caused it to change. But more important, does any idea how to make it back into a dvd driver again?

disk 0 1/0/0/3/1.2.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE ACARD SCSIDE
/dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0
Hustle Makes things happen
5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What server model do you have?

Some server have indeed a IDE DVD drive, converted to SCSI. So maybe the original drive was replaced by someone at your side.

However, it has still the same device file and it is claimed. But maybe it does not support the needed functionality.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

RP7420 PA RISC HP-UX 11.23
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

I've never seen a HP cd/dvd come up as that before, but tis possible.

Acard do make scsi-ide convertors for cd/dvd devices so its possible as stated it has been changed? either that or it doesnt support what you are trying to mount?

http://www.acard.com.tw/english/fb01-product.jsp?idno_no=23&prod_no=AEC-7720U%20(Support%20ATAPI%20Device)&type1_title=SCSIDE%20Bridge&type1_idno=2

what error if any do you get with what mount command?

what is the media? cd or dvd? original/copied? and what does it say that the drive is on the front of the device that is actually is

Andy
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

F.Y.I. HP says that it is a known firmware issue. they were unable to upgrade the firmware, so replaced the drive. Unfortuantly the new drive is now giving me errors in my syslog so they will replace again. Seems strange for the new one to be bad, so stay tuned, and I will update you if you are interested.
John Jimenez
Super Advisor

The error I was getting yesterday was the same error I get if I try to mount an empty drive. It said "unrecognized file system"

Today I shows the new correct description, but I log lots of errors in syslog when I use it. Hopefully this the 3rd one (2nd new one) is the charm.