System Administration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ignite a rp3440 to rp3440 using make_tape_recovery?

SOLVED
Go to solution

Can I ignite a rp3440 to rp3440 using make_tape_recovery?

Hello,

I would like to know if I could ignite a server using the image make_tape_recovery from one good rp3440 to another rp3440 to keep the same configuration on both server, and what would be the steps to follow. Your attention and responds are greatly appreciated and I will submit points to those that give the results I am looking.

Thank you so much,

RT
Reynaldo Torres
1 REPLY
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I ignite a rp3440 to rp3440 using make_tape_recovery?

Hi:

Cloning an rp3440 to another rp3440 with 'make_tape_recovery' will most certainly work.

To make an Ignite tape that consists only of vg00 do:

# /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00 -I -v -a /dev/rmt/0mn

On the server you want to Ignite, boot from the tape. Select an "Advanced Installation" mode. Chose the option that asks whether or not you are cloning to different hardware [yes]. Rezie your filesystems [if desired] and chose "no" when asked if you want to automatically (vg)import existing volume groups.

I prefer to setup netwoking by selecting the "Ask at first boot". This will run '/sbin/set_parms' after the Ignite installation.

Make sure to select only the on physical disk that you want to use as your vg00 and mark all other disks as not used. You will need to manually create mirrored logical volumes for vg00 after the Ignite process.

Regards!

...JRF...