Operating System - Linux
1748234 Members
3225 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Can anybody please forward me a link for free SHA1SUM code checker ?

Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Can anybody please forward me a link for free SHA1SUM code checker ?

Hi,

I have downlaod a iso file, and with SHA1SUM code, please send me a link for verifying the SHA1SUM code.

Thanks very much!

none
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Can anybody please forward me a link for free SHA1SUM code checker ?

Do you have a command called  'sha1sum' on your server?  If so, that will generate a sha1sum for you.  The syntax is:

# sha1sum filname

where filename is the name of your iso file.

More information is available via 'man sha1sum' or 'info sha1sum'.

I have seen some examples that say the command is 'shasum' and some that say 'sha1sum'.  Try both to see which one works for you.

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Can anybody please forward me a link for free SHA1SUM code checker ?

At least in Debian Linux, sha1sum is included in the "coreutils" package. It is one of the basic system packages and marked "essential", so it should always be installed. The situation should be similar in most modern Linux distributions, i.e. it is very likely that the "sha1sum" command is already installed on your system.

The "shasum" command comes with the "perl" package, and can use multiple algorithms of the SHA family (not only SHA1, but also SHA224, SHA256, SHA384 and SHA512). If you have a non-ancient version of Perl installed on your Linux system, you're likely to have this command installed too.

For Windows or Mac, I might recommend HashTab: (the current version is free for personal use, $10 for a commercial license; older versions were totally free)

http://implbits.com/HashTab.aspx

MK