1748161 Members
3892 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot Receive mail in Squirrel Mail

Mohd. Abdul Hannan Chow
Occasional Contributor

Cannot Receive mail in Squirrel Mail

I am using squirrel mail. I cannot receive mail from google. Google shows the following message-

TEMP_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 451 4.4.3 Temporary lookup failure of 64.233.184.233 at sbl.spamhaus.org

What should I do?
2 REPLIES 2
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot Receive mail in Squirrel Mail

check your MX record.
a warrior never quits
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot Receive mail in Squirrel Mail

What machine generated that error?
The IP address refers to one of Google's servers. Looks like the machine that generated the error message was trying to check whether Google's server is listed as a source of unsolicited junk email (spam). The check failed because sbl.spamhaus.org could not be reached.

Was this your machine's response to Google's mail server?

If so, this means your machine is set up to use anti-spam blacklists of spamhaus.org, but the address sbl.spamhaus.org is not reachable. You should review the instructions at www.spamhaus.org: maybe they've made some changes to their service. If so, make the appropriate changes to the configuration of your SMTP server (the component that actually receives the mail messages from Internet and stores them to your server's disk, also known as Mail Transfer Agent, or MTA).

Some common MTAs are sendmail, Postfix, Exim and qmail.

Squirrelmail is just a webmail interface (web-based MUA). This problem seems to be in MTA configuration, so squirrelmail is not related to this problem.

MK
MK