4704 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot install / upgrade patches

Thomas Goldbeck
Frequent Advisor

Cannot install / upgrade patches

System W2kSP4 / DP5.1

I have installed Patches 128,129,130,142,54,84 on my cell manager server. I can find a directory named patched_files with subdirs DPWIN_00040, 54,60,68,72,84,128,129,130,142. The 84 is not shown in the patch list and the 84 dir is also empty.

When I try to upgrade my clients all upgrades were finished successfully - says the DP GUI. Checking the installation for the clients is allways ok. But the patch lists are empty. There are also no patched_files directory on any client.

Can someone help me ?
man_1
6 REPLIES 6
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Is you cell manager is Installation server as well?
If not then clients won't get updated!

If you select the cell manger in the clients list and list patches, is it listing?

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Thomas Goldbeck
Frequent Advisor

Cell manager and installation server are the same. But in the meantime I have deinstalled the patches 128,129,130,142 and reinstalled 128, 130, 84 (in that order). Now I can see the patches 40,54,60,128,130 as installed. I think that 128 has superseeded those which were not displayed because the reinstall-directories are all present, except the 84. The resp. deinstall-dir is empty as before. The patches are also displayed for all other clients as before.

The 84 (exchange-patch) however is not displayed on exchange-servers and I cannot deteremine whether it is installed or not, since the upgrade procedure allways notifies successfull installation.

Is there a way to install a patch interactive on the target client ?

man_1
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Simply run the donwloaded exe file on the client. The patch will get installed. verify from GUI.
In normal case it's not required. If the patches were installed at IS (in your case cell is IS) upgrading clients would do.

Regds
TT
Thomas Goldbeck
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

installing the patch directly on the client now works ! The patch installation from IS did not.

Thanks for your help,

Thomas
man_1
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Conceptually installing patches on IS and upgrade is sufficient. check why you are not able to do so?
How many IS in your environment?
Is the IS is client as well?
Is the IS listed in installation Servers under clients?

Regds
TT
Thomas Goldbeck
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

1.) the IS is the onlyone
2.) the IS is listed in the client list, but with a different icon
3.) the IS is listed under Installation server.
man_1