108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cant use HP UX Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
SUDHAKAR_18
Trusted Contributor

Please dont remove power cables or dont do forcefull shutdown.

It may crash the server as well as data.

uxuser
Advisor

dear SUDHAKAR
thank you for the tip. we know the mp lan address and will try it that way once with a cross cable directly.

Currently we are accessing the mp lan through a switch.

keeping my fingers crossed for the tip you gave to work.

we are trying to log in the case to HP but we have to do it through a local dealer.so as of now we did'nt get help on this.
uxuser
Advisor

Thank you very much sudhakar. the servers were accessible through the cross cables. Thanks a million.

we are restoring the configuration file that was changed.(netconf located in /etc/rc.config.d/ )

if you could spare your precious time on this also please.
SUDHAKAR_18
Trusted Contributor

Great !!!
uxuser
Advisor

thanks a lot.
we wanted to remove the default route on the server since it was web and when we did netstat -nr

there were 2 defaults - one default with local and one default with global ip.

default 119.2.*.* UG 0 lan4 1500
default 192.168.*.* UG 0 lan0 1500

our network team thinks that the default for local needs to be removed since we were facing request timed out while accessing our server from public.

please suggest if we can remove the route.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Editing /etc/rc.config.d/netconf will not change the MP LAN settings. MP is a separate processor, running its own software.

The fact that both MP LAN and the normal LAN became inaccessible at the same time suggests that the problem might not be in the rx6600, but elsewhere in the network.

Examine your network and find all the components whose failure or mis-configuration could block both the MP LAN and the regular LAN. Verify that all these components are working correctly.

A short press of the power button should initiate a controlled shut-down in any modern HP-UX server, including the rx6600.

Disconnecting the power will certainly reset the MP too, allowing you to regain access to the MP if the problem is in the rx6600. But there is a gentler way to do it: the rx6600 MP has an externally-accessible reset button, between the VGA connector and the MP activity LEDs.

Please look at Figure 1 in this document to find the MP reset button:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01884294/c01884294.pdf

If the server is not accessible through the regular LAN and the MP LAN is also not accessible, you cannot even troubleshoot the server any further without the console cable.

MK
MK
SUDHAKAR_18
Trusted Contributor

route add default 1 --> to add new default route.

route delete default 1 --> to remove default route.

Also configure your MP & keep it ready. It may help you to troubleshoot the problems.
uxuser
Advisor

My webserver gets accessible for some time and then it goes off again. this has been going on forquite some time now and we are not able to resolve it.
we checked the firewall, ip and everything is fine.
any possible suggestions to check collision or conflicts ?
we unplugged the server and left it for sometime but found no conflicts either.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

If you loose network to the whole server including the MP I would check the switch now.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
uxuser
Advisor

sir, what confused me is that the mp lan for all the other servers are also accessed from the same switch and are accessible.

i dont understand. maybe i need to change the port for the mp lan for this server on the switch n check