Operating System - HP-UX
1751814 Members
5670 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Change the permission of any directory or file this group "oracle" the owner

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Change the permission of any directory or file this group "oracle" the owner

Hi,

How i can change the permission of any directory or file this group "oracle" the owner of these directory's.

and how i can change the permission of 3 or 6 directory's this group "dba" the owner of these directory's.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mousa55
Super Advisor

Re: Change the permission of any directory or file this group "oracle" the owner

Hi,

and i have other quesions

i convert my systems to trusted mode, does this effect on the permission of files and directory ?

becuase some permission of files and directory change it from 744 to 700 of some user and group.

Thanks

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>How I can change the permission of any directory or file this group "oracle" the owner of these directories.

If you are the owner you can just do chmod.  If a local system, root can also do this.

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Use the find command to discover all directories of files ownd by "oracle" and then change them:

find / -user oracle -exec chown newuser {} \;

Two comments though:

you need to do this as root or as oracle

this sounds dangerous - that are a lot of files that need to be owned by oracle - perhaps limit this to a particular directory rather than starting your find command at /   ???

Pete