New Discussion юеВ

Citrix XenServer 5.5.0 and Proliant Support Pack

SOLVED
Go to solution
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Citrix XenServer 5.5.0 and Proliant Support Pack

Hi all,

I seem to remember there was an official Proliant support package for XenServer since a few months.
Last weekend we upgraded our server to the most current version and the next thing on my list was to install the support pack. Now I've been searching for literally 5 hours and can't find the download site any more.

I've come up with a package of agents for system insight manager, but this seems wrong and even to depend on a previously installed support pack as it refers to the system management homepage.

I'm at a total loss with this. Can anyone help me getting the HP tools installed on this server?

Please note we bought the servers as windows boxes quite some time ago, thus they're not running the HP integrated XenServer :(

the model is Proliant ML350 G5.

Very confused,
Florian
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
7 REPLIES 7
Nuwan Alwis
Valued Contributor

Re: Citrix XenServer 5.5.0 and Proliant Support Pack

Hi Florian,
Im not too sure if HP has released a support pack for Citrix-xen or vmareESX.
But since Citrix Xen is based on RHEL 5.x source you should be able to use PSP for linux on your system.

Good Luck...!
NJ
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I don't think ther eis a PSP for XenServer. The link below is for the agents adn the management home page for XenServer 5.5

HP SNMP Agents for Citrix XenServer

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3884113&swItem=MTX-9f349b2b4fc94915ac6cde8b8a&mode=3
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Then my head really played tricks on me. :(

I'll give the Linux version a shot.

Setting points later.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Since the PSP contains more than just the agents I would not load the CentOS version on XenServer. Yes DOM0 is based on CentOS, but the drivers in the PSP are not tested to run on XenServer. The link I provided above is for the management agents which is all you should load on XenServer.

Or maybe a better question is why do you want to load the PSP on XenServer? What are you trying to accomplish?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

thank you for inquiring

I'm trying to monitor the basic server status.
- Raid controller, battery and LUN status (hpacucli)
- ASR capability
- HW status besides what I can see via IPMI
(hpasmcli)

ideally also
- System Management Homepage
- SNMP Trap support?

Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

I reread your post. I already downloaded those Agents on Saturday and wasn't sure they are what I need. Will have to recheck them....
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

Thank you a lot, after being pushed in the right direction I can confirm that the "HP SNMP Agents for Citrix XenServer" were just what I needed. I stopped early in the installation because I only saw trap settings in the "example.conf" file instead of just trying :)