1748165 Members
3782 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cluster nodes

C_V
Frequent Advisor

Cluster nodes

Hi guys i check the syslog in one of our servers and it says that 4 servers created new cluster membership. i used the cmviewcl comamnd to check the cluster nodes and those servers that are not included in the new cluster membership is down. but when i check those servers they are not really down. what does this mean when a node in a cluster says its down.
8 REPLIES 8
Analyst
Trusted Contributor

Hi Nakihid,

The setup is 4 node cluster and is there any package configured .how the failover is done.

Check the settings
cmviewcl -v

primary/secondary node.....

Thanks,
Analyst.
Analyst
Trusted Contributor

Hi Nakhid,

Sorry , Iam adding this to my previous post.
go to /etc/cmcluster/Package

check for the packagelog as well.

Thanks,
Analyst.
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Check cluster software on those nodes, marked as down. Check also the connection between nodes.

regards,
ivan
C_V
Frequent Advisor

How do i check for the software and the connection between nodes?
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Check syslog on the failed nodes for serviceguard messages. Also check /var/adm/cmcluster/frdump.cmcld* files for detailed information.

You can read them with:
/usr/contrib/bin/cmfmtfr frdump.cmcld.X (X is number).

regards,
ivan
S. Ney
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

What is the output of cmviewcl -v?

If your cluster status is up but a node status is down and you are sure that server is running try the command: cmrunnode -v (nodename)This command tells the node to join the cluster. Then do cmviewcl -v again and check your syslog to verify.

For example cmrunnode -v servernameb

piyush mathiya
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
Can you provide cmviewcl -v output to get exect problem, may be you forgot to change some configuration or check heartbeet cable connectivity. you can also try to start cluster services on perticular node...

Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

At one time the serviceguard product was running. Evidnetly somebody shutdown the cluster which does not shutdown the node just the cluster services and apps that are setup in the cluster. Suggest that if you are using serviceguard or will use serviceguard you attend a remote class on the serviceguard product.