Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster problem

Trng
Super Advisor

Cluster problem

Hi,

i have 11.23 2 node cluster..i want to change the cluster lock vg (removing old disks and connecting new disk),for this i have to edit cluster configuration file..clsuter is up and running now.i am just checking the present configuartion with cmcheckconf -C cluster.conf ,but i am getting some errors for second harbeat IP(lan4)..

IP netmasks don't match, interface lan4 on test1
IP netmasks don't match, interface lan4 on test2
Beginning network probing (this may take a while)
Completed network probing
Detected a partition of IPv4 subnet 10.22.129.0.
Partition 1
test1 lan4
Partition 2
test2 lan4
Failed to evaluate network
cmcheckconf: Unable to reconcile configuration file cluster.conf
with discovered configuration information.

is it possible run cmaplyconf with ignoring the above errors... an how to troubleshoot it ?pls guide me ...

rgds
trng
administrator
4 REPLIES
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Cluster problem

The errors indicate that there is a problem with the netmask values of the interface 4 of one or both nodes. If these errors are not corrected, heartbeat may not work on lan4.

In a cluster of only 2 nodes, the "detected a partition" message means that the nodes cannot communicate with each other (using that IP subnet).

Run "ifconfig lan4" on both nodes and check the netmask values. Compare the values with the network parameters specified in the cluster.conf file.

MK
MK
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Since you originally configured your cluster and now something changed. It could be that somebody did a ifconfig on one of your lan cards or somebody edited /etc/rc.config.d/netconf and rebooted

your networking has changed and does not match current cluster configuration.

check your network configuration. You may have to stop your cluster and reconfigure it. I recommend figuring out what happened first.

Trng
Super Advisor

Dear Gurus,

i have found network cable was faulty on lan4(second heartbeat)..i ahve replace now ping everything working,but still i am getting below error while running cmcheckconf

Gathering network information
IP netmasks don't match, interface lan4 on test1
IP netmasks don't match, interface lan4 on test2Beginning network probing (this may take a while)
Completed network probing

my netmask for lan4 on both nodes are ffffff00 and ip address for lan4 is 10.22.129.9 and 10.22.129.10 .

psl let me know how to proceed further ..

administrator
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

HI

Please post these from both the nodes.

#netstat -rnv

and

#cat /etc/cmcluster/

And also the IP addresses as mentioned in all the package control and SUBNET mentioned in the Package Config files.

There surely is some Network IP addr subnet mismatch.

Also post the
#cmviewcl -v

Regards
Sujit