1753856 Members
7167 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Collect -p issue

Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Collect -p issue

This has been discussed in this forum before, but I'm looking for an update...

It seems that using collect -p -p -f to concatenate collect data files is extremely unreliable for some reason.

Has anyone found a workaround for this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

I haven't heard any such thing so far. One thing that you need to keep in mind is that the order in which you specify the file names is important. It should be in the order in which they were created. For example, "-p t1 -p t2 -p t3"...instead of "-p t2 -p t1 -p t3".

Also, the operation would fail if any of the files are incomplete (missing termination record).
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Thanks BL - I knew about all those restrictions. I'm finding concatenating files very unreliable even when you DO follow all the rules.
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Can you tell me what kind of problems you are facing with this operation?.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

The output file is often just incomplete. There are no error messages or anything. Many times I get the output file to be smaller in size than even one of the input files. Other times everything works just fine - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

This is the first time I am hearing this problem. I am not sure if you have the latest patch kit installed, but I guess this might have happened due to the fact that one of the datafiles may be corrupted. This can be determined by doing 'playback' on the files individually.

I would recommend that you raise a case with HP support and get it resolved.