1754014 Members
7538 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compress option

Compress option

Hello,

I have been looking around the forum and found some message talking about my problem but sending me to links that does not work anymore.

I am printing (HP-UX 11.23) to an HP printer 4015 using the script I have downloaded from HP named net_ljP4015. Everything works fine but the compress options do not work at all... I am getting an error saying Invalid option. I used -oc option as usual and the man pages are talking about the тАУoc option. This option works fine if I use the generic script supplied by HP but some other new option does not work.

lp -dq100 -onobanner -oc
3 REPLIES 3
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

"... This option works fine if I use the generic script supplied by HP but some other new option does not work....."

confusing...exact command used and the exact error messages would be????

What it means is that when using the laserjet 4000 generic driver the -oc options works fine but some newer option with the net_ljP4015 script are not available. When I use the net_ljP4015, the they are some more options that we use but the -oc option does not work as it should even if it is documented in the man pages. So this is the command I used with the old laserjet 4000 generic driver : lp -dq100 -onobanner -oc

But the -oc does not work with the net_ljP4015 driver... but it is in the man pages and should be working.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a bug. Contact HP to get it fixed. The workaround is to specify the actual font pitch:

lp -dsomeprinter -ofp16.66

Or a better choice is to simply replace the active printer script for the 4015 with the general net_ljx000 script. For extra credit, you can compare the two scripts and find out the differences, then correct the bug for -oc.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin