New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure Mutipathing for RAW device

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shehan
Super Advisor

Configure Mutipathing for RAW device

Hi All
I am using HP-UX 11i v1 on rp4440 server with EVA3K and EVA8100. We are going to connect XP24000 storage for the server and also Oracle vender has requested the RAW partition for oracle 10G in XP24000.Currently It is being installed Securepath Active-Passive for EVA3K and Autopath Active-Active for EVA8100 and configure PVlink for EVA81000.

Please let me know what the best possible method to configure mutipathing for RAW device in XP24000.

Regards
Nirukshitha

4 REPLIES 4
Yarema A. Mikhajliv
Frequent Advisor

You can add Round Robin politics for Secure PAth application, it's quite good, we are using it with the same configuration. Another question is - does Oracle uses ASM in your situation?

If this is for Oracle ASM, you probably *don't* wany top configure logical volumes using PV links.

That said, you already have Secure Path for Active/Active disk arrays installed which is compatible with the XP24K. Make sure you get the latest version (which is Secure Path 3.0F SP3). ASM should use the virtual device names created under /hpap . Make sure that the DBAs set the ASM_DISKSTRING parameter appropriately so they don't stamp on any of your existing EVA8100 storage which probably also has entries under /hpap.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Shehan
Super Advisor

Hi Duncan

Currently system is having Secure Path 3.0F SP2. Is it enough us to go ahead with this?

Also, customer is not using ASM currently. So we can't use ASM for the mutipathing. Is there any method except ASM mutipathing?

Regards
Nirukshitha
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor
Solution

XP24000 Supports only Active-Active only..