Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752803 Members
5324 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure new RAID 5 on ES40 running Tru64 Unix.

AIM support
Occasional Contributor

Configure new RAID 5 on ES40 running Tru64 Unix.

We have an ES40 system running TRU64 unix. We want to add a new KZPAC raid controller card and a pedestal with 7 RZ1CB drives of 4 GB each. We want to configure RAID 5 with these new drives. How do I create the RAID configuration?? I beleive we use ARC utility for this. Where can I download it and how do i invoke it ??
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure but some card have built in programs to configure the RAID devices, to access them use:

run bios pza0

Where pza0 is the controller name.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
AIM support
Occasional Contributor

These KZPAC cards dont have any bios. So usually We have seen others use the raid200 or ARC utility to configure the raid. we need the steps and the utility.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you start the arc program from the console prompt. The configuration utility is on every firmware cd in \utility\swxcrmgr and the name is ra200rcu.
You can start it from within a submenu of the arc menu with \utility\swxcrmgr\ra200rcu
with the firmware cd inserted. You add during the creation of the logical drive all disks, then arrange it and format it.

greetings,

Michael
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Michael is right.
But if you do not have firmware cd you can use floppy disk instead.
In console type "arc" (>>> arc), then "run a progran" and then "a:ra200rcu".
Unzip the attached file to floppy.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster