108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Connecting a USB Keyboard and Barcode Scanner in ux 11.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Derrick_19

Connecting a USB Keyboard and Barcode Scanner in ux 11.0

Hi gurus,
I'm currently running a visualize b-2000 workstation with hp-ux 11.0. I want to connect a keyboard and a barcode scanner which is emulating a keyboard to my system. When I plug the usb barcode scanner in, the scanner lights, but the system doesn't display the scanned characters. I also attempted to reboot the system with no avail. I found an Internet posting from 1999 which stated that ux only recognizes the first usb keyboard plugged into the machine. There was no solution the problem. I also found another posting that stated to use a "y mouse" device to solve the issue. Unfortunately I would like to avoid using 2 ps2 devices.

Has hp solved the multiple usb keyboard solution for ux? Do you guys know what I should do to solve this problem? Do I just have to install a patch? If so, which one?

Thanks for your help,
Derrick
3 REPLIES 3
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Derrick,

Have a look at patch PHCO_26447.

Hope that helps,

Dave
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

Derrick,

You should also verify that you have the following pacth installed:

PHKL_28800

Dave
Rick Beldin
HPE Pro

First of all, with HP-UX, *if* the device is supported, you *must* configure the file X0devices with an entry that describes the device. Look at the comments in that file for examples.

Secondly, *you* must make sure that there is device support for your device. HP's set of input device drivers are in /usr/lib/X11/extensions. If there isn't a driver there for your device, then you need to go ask the vendor to see if they have a driver that is compatible with HP-UX OR if the device can use one of the HP-UX supplied devices.
Necessary questions: Why? What? How? When?