Thanks to Merijn, versions for 10.20 are available from him:

http://www.cmve.net/merijn/downloads.html

Regards!

...JRF...
Keith custer
Occasional Advisor

Re: Core Dump File

Ok. I got Bzip2 downloaded bzip2-1.0.2-pa1.1

Not sure what command to use to install this on my server. Once I have this I should be able to extract tbz files.
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

The software from

http://www.cmve.net/merijn/bzip2-1.0.5-10.20.sd

should be a depot file installable using swinstall, if I am not wrong.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>So I got around to downloading the GDB file

Once you get gdb, have you decided what you are going to do with it? Do you have debug info in your application?

In most cases, unless you have a development machine, you just record the fact you have a core file and use file(1) to see what signal and executable. Then you remove it. If you start seeing more of them, then you do something.

"chatr cmmload" will give you a start of the list of shlibs.

You can also copy the core file and executable and ALL of the shlibs it uses to a supported machine and then use gdb there.

>all these P95270.812 files are located in the "/disk3/cmmData" directory. They are files from another PC that get uploaded to the directory and a cron job starts the C program

Is that program cmmload?
Perhaps there are too many files in cmmData to handle. Why not move half of them aside and see if it works. If they are removed after being processed, then move the other half back.
Keith custer
Occasional Advisor

Got put on another project. Finally got back to this one. I ran the chatr cmmload command and attached a text file of it. I took the advice of the lasy=t post and removed the files and manually ran the executable. Below is the response from manually running the program.

sn42036_ORACLE72>cmmload
2 files
Memory fault(coredump)
sn42036_ORACLE72>

With that in mind, is there a command that I can run in UNIX to test the memory modules before I pick and choose what memory module is bad.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I can run in UNIX to test the memory modules before I pick and choose what memory module is bad.

Why? "Memory fault" is a signal 11, which means "I'm an bad programmer and I messed up".
There is no hardware problem.

From your chatr output, you would need to copy these files to your supported OS with wdb/gdb:
cmmload
/usr/lib/libcma.1 /usr/lib/pa1.1/libcl.1 /usr/lib/libnsl_s.1 /usr/lib/libc.1

Keith custer
Occasional Advisor

Well I'm glad to see it's not the hardware. Looks like I have to look up the person who made this program and have them fix it.