1753631 Members
5898 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create Replica of the RAC Cluster Node

M Bilal
Occasional Contributor

Create Replica of the RAC Cluster Node

Hi, I have 3 x RX6600 Nodes. Two are running in the RAC cluster environment, I want to create the replica of the cluster Node on the third Server. All three nodes have the same Hardware configuration. Please advise the ways to create the replica of the cluster nodes.
OS = 11i V3
3 REPLIES 3
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

Hi Bilal
One way is to take an ignite backup on existing servers and restore it to the third node.
By the way why don't you fresh install the third node?
M Bilal
Occasional Contributor

I know I can use the Ignite and DRD options. But two cluster nodes are running on software Mirror (Mirror disk/UX) and the third one has Hardware RAID (IR). Is it possible to remove the secondary disk of first cluster node (which is software mirrored) and insert it into the third (New) node and boot from it?. then after booting the third node change all parameters (IP, Hostname etc). and after that insert the second disk into third node to syncronize it with boot disk? will the third node (Running on Hardware RAID) recognize the 2nd disk and synchronize it with the 1st disk.
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

>>Is it possible to remove the secondary disk of first cluster node (which is software mirrored) and insert it into the third (New) node and boot from it?.

Yes it i possible but it is not a supported way(VGID's will be the same). Please check:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1459999