System Administration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL360 G8 + Centos + hdvsa = 6 avrage load ?

jfac
Occasional Visitor

DL360 G8 + Centos + hdvsa = 6 avrage load ?

Hello !

I got a new g8 with the new smart array controller. The hpvsa driver seems to do a lot of operation in kernel space. This is alright, however some thread in kernel are in D state.

- Is this normal ? At my best knowledge a process in D state is stuck on the disks

- If its normal, how come HP did use such fuction ? I cant manage my server with 6 in load all the time. This make moniotring cry and other issue.

Anyone have similar experiance ? The OS is RHEL 5.8

Thanks !

JF

3 REPLIES
jfac
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL360 G8 + Centos + hdvsa = 6 avrage load ?

Hello !

As are my best bet to get an answer to this question ? Its quite important for us at this hardware is certified for that OS. I want to make sure this is normal (And comment about such usage of the D state)

Thanks !

JF

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, as this server is supported for RH5.8 - as official HP support for help (OR try to install real RH on HW an replicate this issue for RH support - if you have some). Otherwise - use centos forum - maybe somebody saw such issue.

another hint - why don't you try RH/Centos 6.x ?

jan

jfac
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for answers. Yeah, the problem is that now this machine is in production. I like to talk to the driver crew at HP. Because the driver come from HP, not Redhat.

Thanks !

JF