6135 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DOT MATRIX PRINTER DRIVER for JET DIRECT

Vijay Dsouza
Frequent Advisor

DOT MATRIX PRINTER DRIVER for JET DIRECT

Hi,

Can someone help me on having a printing resolved . I am able to print from HPUX11.23 throught the lp command.

I configured this printer Panasonic KX-P 2130 through Jetdirect and specified the driver as a DUMB-PLOT Printer. But through Oracle this printer does not print.

Fro Dot MAtrix printers to be added to Jetdirect what is the method ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Warm Regards

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Printing Boards > Black and White to HP-UX > sysadmin - HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
David Zuts
Honored Contributor

I do not know your operating system, but the type of printer should make no difference as long as your operating system can see the external jet direct attached as lets say a tcp/ip device.
George Brecosky
Trusted Contributor

Not sure of your OS, but when I configure a dumb printer (per say), or a large line printer (that has no windows driver) for Windows, I use the GENERIC TEXT printer driver in windows. I usually pick the default parallel port settings on the JetDirect and configure my network from there.

This has worked with Epson, Printronix, Daataproducts, Citoh, and others.

Vijay Dsouza
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Guys and sorry for the delay In assigning you those points. I tried the option of configuring this printer as a remote printer with the relevant Q name and used the same for a test printout.The default driver is dumbplot printer.Things are looking good since then .

Thanks friends
Vijay Dsouza
Frequent Advisor

Issue rectified after creating a remote printer .