1752782 Members
5812 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DRD Rehosting Of Cloned 11.31 vPar Boot Disk

Scott Stewart
Occasional Contributor

DRD Rehosting Of Cloned 11.31 vPar Boot Disk

I have created a DRD clone of an 11.31 boot disk (Integrity) and would like to use the rehost functionality to use this disk to upgrade an existing vPar on the same server currently running 11.23. I have created a sysinfo.txt file and verified the syntax via the drd rehost command.

My question is, while drd supports cloning within a single vPar, is the rehosting capability also supported under a vPar environment? In short, will the parameters contained within /EFI/HPUX/SYSINFO.TXT be processed correctly?

Thanks!
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

check this link :

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-6590/ch06.html

The initial release of drd rehost has been tested on Integrity Virtual Machines and on blades with Virtual Connect. In addition, preliminary testing indicates that simple (single root volume group) standalone LVM-managed Itanium-based systems running a September 2008 HP-UX 11i v3 Operating Environment (OE) can be rehosted to another system with the exact same hardware. The benefit of the September 2008 HP-UX 11i v3 Operating Environment is the availability of "Self healing of boot disk configuration", which is provided by LVM and described in the September 2008 HP-UX 11i v3 Release Notes, located at http://docs.hp.com/en/oshpux11iv3.html#Release%20Notes.

mikap
Scott Stewart
Occasional Contributor

Hello, Michael

I have reviewed the document that you posted and the associated white paper "Exploring DRD Rehosting In HP-UX 11i v3", but did not see any references to vPar environments specifically - only VM, Blades and Standalone environments. We will be testing rehost capability with a vPar tomorrow, but didn't know if there were any special considerations to be made.

Thanks!
Scott
cecco16
Occasional Contributor

Any outcome?