Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

Data Migration

We have a Project coming up for a customer where in I will be responsible for Data Migration...
The storage used here is EVA 6100/4100 and XP24000 Disk Array... and the OS is HP-UX11iV2

I have never done Data Migration till date... and not sure how I will handle this.. and need your help again...

I was trying to search Google for various documents where in I can educate myself before the actual start date

Now that I know what is Data Migration.. Could you help me out with the necessary Documentation and the steps involved in migrating Data and the Do's & Dont's

6 REPLIES
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Data Migration

Hi Grayh,

Data Migration could you please be more specfic ..? reason for asking

what kind of migration are you looking for.?

are you looking for "Data Migration" from production site to DR Site..?

how about "Data restoration"..? using Data protector..?

Thanks,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
jaivinder
Frequent Advisor

For data migration you can use the Data Protector. Take the backup of your data and restore it on the storage.
The other way of migrating your data is through SAN.If you use the Business Copy then you can use the BC SVOL's for this purpose.

Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

If both arrays are connected to the host you can create a mirror copy of data (MirrorDisk/UX software is required) to the second array and remove the first copy.

regards,
ivan

Grayh
Trusted Contributor

Data Migration from
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

Data Migration from a older storage Array to the new XP Storage works they have bought...

This is what I know as of Now... If you think I should be more clear... May be on my next meeting, I will get a better picture, which I would be able to ask you...

Thank you
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Data from one arrays is mirrored over the second. If you remove the mirror from first array the data will remain over the second.

For example:

lvextend -m 1 /dev/vgXX/lvol1 pvg_2nd_array

lvreduce -m 0 /dev/vgXX/lvol1

regards,
ivan