108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: De-install fails for VPO 6.0 & NNM6.10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gulam Mohiuddin
Regular Advisor

De-install fails for VPO 6.0 & NNM6.10

For some reason I had to de-install VPO 6.0 with the swremove commnad.

But all files related to VPO in /var/opt/OV and /opt/OV directories are still physically present and did not removed by the swremove.

How to free up this space so I can install the VPO again.

Can I manually remove them with the following commands and fresh install VPO again.

rm -f /var/opt/OV
rm -f /etc/opt/OV
rm -f /opt/OV

Thanks,
Everyday Learning.
7 REPLIES 7
Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor

If you are running NNM on this server, too, the rm method will hose that installation as well. Back whn it was the Openview Operationc Console, the paths were /var/opt/OV/OpC etc. I do not know whether this naming convention was preserved through the name change.
Vikas Khator
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

Deleting the above mentioned directories should be fine provided you have done a swremove. ( It'a always safe to backup )

Also note that oracle installation is still around and you may want to initialize the database .

Keep it simple
Gulam Mohiuddin
Regular Advisor

No Oracle is still not setup and I didn't even get a change to configure VPO with opcconfig.

I just want to remove all directories related to VPO & NNM so that I can re-install it again.

Thanks,
Everyday Learning.
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor
Solution

In /var/adm/sw/defaults change force_single_target=false with true and try swremove.

Gulam Mohiuddin
Regular Advisor

Now the Swremove does not show the VPO product ITOEngOraALL.

So should I go ahead and remove all VPO/NNM related files/dir manually.

Thanks,
Everyday Learning.
Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor

If your intention is to reinstall both NNM and VPO, and if neither product is presently showing in swlist, sure. Bow them away.
Tony Lowrie
Advisor

(1). Swremove will leave filesets behind. this will pertain to Newconfig and History for future installs.

If swremove works with No Problems then do as you first thought rm -r /var/opt/OV etc.

(2). BE CAREFUL !! If you have ITO agents installed make sure you stop them first or de-install them from the management server as shared libraries will be lying around in /var/opt/OV/lib etc Things like Nettl etc will use these aswell.

(3) Swinstall the NNM product again.
Life is like MTB - Ups and Downs - and Adrenalin