1753625 Members
5460 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Depot File

P.V.Ramesh
Advisor

Depot File

Could anybody help me in creating a depot file please.
5 REPLIES 5
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

If you are talking about depot for patch, after you download the patch from HP web site, let's say it is PHSS_XXXXX

sh PHSS_XXXXX

It will return two files: PHSS_XXXXX.text, PHSS_XXXXX.depot

You can install this depot directly by using swinstall, or swcopy to create a depot first. If you are not familiar with that, try menu, just type

swinstall
or swcopy

It is very easy to follow.

Tom Maloy
Respected Contributor

# get patches
mkdir /tmp/download
cd /tmp/download
ftp ftp.itrc.hp.com
cd ???
get ???
# expand patch sets
sh PHNE_25644.depot
# combine resulting depots into one depot
swcopy ???s /tmp/download/PHNE_25644.depot \* @ /tmp/depot

Tom
Carpe diem!
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi P.V.

It all depends on either how you received it or how you're creating it.

If it's been downloaded as a "depot" already, then all you need to do is register it as follows:

swreg -l depot /path/to/file

If you're creating a "new" pkg from scratch, then you heed to define the psf (Product Specification File), all files involved & then write the install, configure & remove scripts.
Then you use the swpackage command to pkg it up. And finally the swreg command to register it.

If you're bringing it over from another depot, the swcopy command will take care of the register as well as the copy itself.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

I am going to assume that you want to create a patch depot for installing a collection of patches in one pass with a single reboot (if/as necessary).

To collect a series of patches into a depot the can be installed with a single reboot, simply download your patches into the /tmp directory; "un-shar" them and do:

# cd /tmp
# for X in PH*.htm
> do
> sh ${X}
> done

# PDIR=/tmp/patch_depot
# mkdir ${PDIR}
# for X in PH*.depot
> do
> swcopy -s ${PWD}/${X} \* @ ${PDIR}
> done

# swlist -s ${PDIR}

There is no need to register the depot with 'swreg'. This is done automatically by 'swcopy'. The 'swlist' allows you to preview the depot's contents. Remember, of course, that you can also run 'swinstall' in preview mode to take it through its analysis phase, too.

The 'swcopy' syntax shown above can be ammended to specify '-x enforce_dependencies=false'. This forces 'swcopy' to ignore dependency verification deferring that until the actual 'swinstall' analysis phase. This is useful when you do not want to download dependency patches that you know you already have on your server.

Regards!

...JRF...
Sachin Patel
Honored Contributor

Hi Ramesh,
Attached is the script from hp.
download patchs put it on one directory. vi this script and replace patchs name. run this script and it will create the bundle for you.

Oh yes and I had to ftp this script from my unix box to pc and attached it here. so I think you will start giving point for our work.

Sachin
Is photography a hobby or another way to spend $