New Discussion юеВ

Device Drivers are installed

SOLVED
Go to solution
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

Device Drivers are installed

Hi experts,
How will I check my all the hardware devices are configured with correct drivers? Whether any device is not configured with driver? Pls help...
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

Re: Device Drivers are installed

running an insf -e will create the device files for the hardware devices.
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

If my LAN adapter driver is not inbuilt into the kernel, whether hardware will get detected? and how will I come to know the driver is not inbuilt in the kernel?
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

post the output of
ioscan -fnC lan
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

In general, if you have installed a hardware device (PCI card, SCSI tape drive) and don't currently have a driver installed for it, the device will show up in the ioscan listing as an UNCLAIMED device with an UNKNOWN type.

With HP-UX 11.11, some newer combo cards may not be visible at all if their driver is not installed. This should be mentioned in the installation instructions for the card, so it's useful to Read The Documentation when installing new hardware.

If you have such a card in a hot-pluggable slot, another way to detect it would be to run "olrad -q" and compare it to the ioscan listing. If the olrad command shows the slot as occupied, but ioscan shows nothing for the corresponding hardware path, either you're missing a driver or the card has failed.

MK
MK
kunjuttan
Super Advisor

#ioscan -fnC lan
If you can see the lan card as CLAIMED, then probably you do not have to do anything.Else you have to install the drivers onto the serverYou can download the driver from the site www.software.hp.com.
After downloading the driver, it will be in .depot format. Use swinstall to install the driver.
kunjuttan
Super Advisor

And also,the lsdev command lists the drivers configured in your kernel, and their associated major numbers.This will show all the drivers in-built in the kernel and for all devices like disk drives,tape drives,lan cards etc.