5963 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Device File name appears as (null) to HWMGR

Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

it is nice to assign points but rather an insult to assign 0 points for an honest try to help. Unless a post is off topic, you are saying "Spare your efforts next time".

greetings,

Michael
R Swenson
Frequent Advisor

So noted. The points I assigned fairly reflect the assistance given to solving the problem posted, not to the general assistance given. I have assigned points in the past for helpful advice with no complaints.

As stated numerous times throughout my previous posts, "thanks for any assistance". But I don't award points for advice that doesnt' solve a problem. To do so would merely cheapen the awards system, IMHO.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

for answers that show a willingness to help but do not give a solution to the answer 1-3 points are suggested. Again, 0 points suggests "Why did you even try?". Ok, points are not everything but a good incentive.

;-)

Michael
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

fwiw,

I agree with Michael's sentiment.

All the reply presented would have helped you solve the problem. I found it very bizarre to see the 0 point assigned.

And no, I don't need more points.
I do not an indication that the effort is appreciated.

Cheers,
Hein
[0 points for this please :-]
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

I interpret Hein's en Michael's post as "better leave the unassigned" then assign zero points for answers that didn't contribute to the solution.

Pieter