1753959 Members
7507 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Double space between lines while printing using asa

Dileesh
Occasional Contributor

Double space between lines while printing using asa

I'm facing printing problem with HPUX 11.00 machine with fortran software installed, while giving the printing using below command we are getting double line space in printing.

# asa | lp

Default printer model is "dumb" other printouts are fine only problem when print using "asa"

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

Regards
Dileesh
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

What's in the input file? (Lines which begin
with "0"?)

> # asa | lp

Try, say:

asa >

What's in the output file?
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

If I recall properly, asa got "broken" somewhere around 10.20, and exhibited the issue you see, in that lines beginning w/ a blank end up double spaced.

I don't recall if I wound up using a version off a 9x box on 10.20, or the 10.20 version on 11.00.

Depending on your needs, you could "roll your own". Or take a look for "asa2pdf" (which also has a link to the asa codes themselves)

Assuming that this it the output from a fortran program, be aware that some compilers (Green Hills comes to mind) convert asa codes to ascii codes "on the fly" making the "asa" step unnecessary. (in this case "1" in the first position becomes a literal ascii form feed).
Dileesh
Occasional Contributor

Thank you friends for your reply

It was the problem with asa file, problem solved by copying asa file from working box. Suspecting the problem was due to the issue mentioned by "OldSchool"
Dileesh
Occasional Contributor

It was the problem with asa file, problem solved by copying asa file from working box