Operating System - HP-UX
1753223 Members
3621 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EMC open migrator to copy data online.

Narendra Uttekar
Regular Advisor

EMC open migrator to copy data online.

Hi,
Is anybody used the EMC open migrator for copying online data at logical volume level. I want to migrate the data from old storage to new storage. I have downloaded the EMC open migrator to copy the data online at logical volume level. I have created the LVтАЩs on new storage. Now I want to copy the data online using EMC open migrator.
I know all the commands i.e. stormigrate to create session and copy the data at logical volume level. The source logical volume is active for user read/write access. For first time when I created the session and started copy of logical volume and when it is completed to 100% by using EMC open migrator tool. And then later I want to de-activate the session i.e. I want to delete the session and mount the newly migrated i.e. copied logical volume. Do I need to start the copy once again to make sure whether delta changes has copied to new logical volume or once the copy is completed and the status is showing as 100% copy done so there is no need to start the copy session once again and it will automatically take care of delta changes until I de-activate the session. As I want to copy 1TB of oracle data online i.e. /oracle/SID/sapdata1 to /oracle/SID/sapdata20 and later once online copy is completed so that I can have little downtime to mount the newly copied logical volume and start the SAP database from new storage.
If someone had done the online data migration using EMC open migrator please let me know step by step process to copy the data online at logical volume?

Thanks,
Narendra
2 REPLIES 2
Chandrahasa s
Valued Contributor

Hi,

EMC online migrator needed dowtime for some extend.

If your os is 11.31 and with mar2010 patches you can consider vgmove option.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02273776/c02273776.pdf

Chandra
Narendra Uttekar
Regular Advisor

Thanks i have got the solution from EMC yesterday "session volumes continue to be mirrored for as long as the session remains in an activated session state"

Thanks,
Narendra