5215 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EMS alerts setting.

sandyunix
Occasional Advisor

EMS alerts setting.

Hi Techies,

I have a problem with hp-ux 11.23 server. The server is connected with 2 power supplies and when both of them are fine, we have been continuously receiving EMS alerts about a faulty power supply. We suspect that the server has been looking for three supplies and that is the reason, these are generated. Can someone please advise me how i can prevent these EMS alerts from generating.

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Jose Mosquera
Honored Contributor

Re: EMS alerts setting.

EMS notify you for installed power supplies. Pls check that power cords have well plugged into their sockets. EMS also indicates you a power supply identificator where failure appear (0, 1 or 2), go for it to isolate the issue. In last option please call to replace damaged part.

Rgds.
Jose Mosquera
Honored Contributor

By the way, please check the power cords health, do not doubt to replace them.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

How are you receiving EMS alerts on your PS issue? Via ISEE/SIM or some custom email alerting that feeds off syslog?

Hakuna Matata.
sandyunix
Occasional Advisor

I am recieving EMS alerts in the syslog. Also i'd logged a Hardware call. The CE checked the power supplies and informed us that there is no failure in any of the power supplies.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

it is likely you need to update your HPDIAGS software.

You can also check the GSP logs IF there is indeed a report of power supply issues.

If there is - then point this out to HP... they should uncover what is wrong.
Hakuna Matata.