3144 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ES40 server

Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

ES40 server

Dear All
i have a tru64 v4 OS running on ES40 server with 5 disks configured in RAID controller ,this server is connected to a EMA1200 SAN with another 3 nodes running oracle cluster on them , we shutdown the servers and start them one by one, this server first hanged on checking the disks , then after the second restat it hangs on the network card checking (all these before the b>>> prompt);we remove the network card then start the server it goes to the b>>> ; then we shutdown the server connect the network card again at this point it does not check the hard disks and goes to the b>>> and when we run show dev it does not give any hard disks , then we remove the network card but still we can not see the hard disks , any help in this issue.
BR;
Fadia Almarei
fadia.marei
4 REPLIES 4
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

Re: ES40 server

Please check physical connectivity for harddisks.
Since server is not yet booted,it hard to find any software problem.You need a hardware engineer.
BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Push the Server halt switch in and power up the system, at the SRM prompt(>>> ), please do the following commands and capture to a text file:

>>> SHOW *
>>> SHOW FRU
>>> SHOW CONFIG
>>> SHOW DEV
>>> SHOW POWER
>>> CAT EL

Then depress the halt switch to enable the boot, boot system >>>B, if it hangs, do a CTRL P, to get back to the prompt >>> then do these commands and append the results to the text capture file and post.

>>> SHOW CONFIG
>>> SHOW DEV
>>> SHOW POWER
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

show config: there is many outputs and I ├в am not on the console, so I can├в t print it.

Show error: no result

Show dev d:
Dqa0.0.0.15.0 DQA0 Compaq CRD-8402B 1.03
Dqa0.0.0.1000.0 DQA0

Show dev MK: no result
this is something from what we have ;

Show version:
Version v6.9-1 NOV 18 2008 09:46:28

Show bios:
Vga0.0.0.3.0 - power storm 300
Mca0.0.0.4.0 - DEC PCI MC
Pka0.7.1.1 - QLogic ISP10x0

fadia.marei
cnb
Honored Contributor

"show config: there is many outputs and ... "

Exactly why I asked for it.

Well we can't do much without the specific configuration, bus layout and devices attached. The commands I previously posted would provide this information and give us an idea of the condition of the system and where the problem is. There are error logs (EL) within the console that will give us a clue as to why the system doesn't see your disk devices. When you can provide this information, please post it.