New Discussion юеВ

Re: ES80+EVA3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

thanks for posting. For those waiting for points, I have no access to the machine now, so I will have to wait to check on the qualitity of the posts.

@Rob, I have looked into the config file and I remember having seen the config_driver emx line.

@Jim, the fibre ports are defined correctly and the OS is defined as Tru64. Wouldn't Tru64 fail also in genvmunix, if it weren't so?
The 2/8 EL Fibre Switch from HP is seeing both ends.

@Chris, what do you suggest? Going for PK6?

@Hein, your statement also makes sense.

Please have patience, I will return as soon as possible.

Michael
Chris Ellam
Advisor
Solution

Hallo Hein and Michael,

my answer was based on previous experience where a newly installed F/C controller was not recognized by the current Kernel. I also had problems with new Tru64 installs where the OS CD Kernel didn't recognize my F/C world. I fixed this by creating my own OS Install CD where I provided some additional scripts and a newer generic kernel based on NHD7.

I was also at this customer site and after going through my old notes and looking at a sysconfigtab that I had from another ES80 with an EVA3K found that if I added the following to emx: in sysconfigtab and then used doconfig to create a new kernel, replaced the old one and rebooted.

I also looked in /sys/data/pci_option_data.c to check that it had been updated to HDH7 and had the new entries for bcm and emx options.

#
# KGPSA Fibre Channel Adapter
#
emx:
# PCI_Option = PCI_SE_Rev - 0x210, Vendor_Id - 0x10df, Device_Id - 0x1ae5, Driver_Name - emx, Type - A, Adpt_Config - N
# PCI_Option = PCI_SE_Rev - 0x210, Vendor_Id - 0x10df, Device_Id - 0xf700, Driver_Name - emx, Type - A, Adpt_Config - N
# PCI_Option = PCI_SE_Rev - 0x210, Vendor_Id - 0x10df, Device_Id - 0xf800, Driver_Name - emx, Type - A, Adpt_Config - N
# PCI_Option = PCI_SE_Rev - 0x210, Vendor_Id - 0x10df, Device_Id - 0xf900, Driver_Name - emx, Type - A, Adpt_Config - N
# PCI_Option = PCI_SE_Rev - 0x210, Vendor_Id - 0x10df, Device_Id - 0xf980, Driver_Name - emx, Type - A, Adpt_Config - N
# PCI_Option = PCI_SE_Rev - 0x210, Vendor_Id - 0x10df, Device_Id - 0xfa00, Driver_Name - emx, Type - A, Adpt_Config - N

Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

Chris solution worked.

thanks for posting!

Michael