1752866 Members
3485 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error in libunwind : out of memory

sathishankam

Error in libunwind : out of memory

Hi All,

My Application team is getting this error when they are running some application related.The error is

Error in Libunwind : out of memory, Try with higher value Current value is ( value = 16).

Please give me your valauable suggestion to it.Iam unable to understand this problem even though i had searched in google also but I could not found the information that could resolve this issue.Iam working as a Unix adminstrator. I dont know even this issue is under adminstration part or not.

Thanks in Advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

It means what it says. You are out of heap space or your maxdsiz is too small.
If you export that environment variable and make the emergency pool larger, try 1024, you might get that stack trace.
sathishankam

Hi ,

sorry for late reply. The error is

ERROR IN LIBUNWIND: OUR OF MEMORY ,TRY WITH A HIGER VALUE CURRENT VALUE IS (value = 32).In earlier post i had written value is 16, This error is coming while some sql related queries are running, in the mean time system performance is slowing down.i want know why pid is killed when the error log came.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>This is the error I am getting in 11.23
*** Error in libunwind: Out of memory. Try with a higher value for UNWIND_RESERVE_MEM (current value = 32).
(0) 0x000000000592f380 [./documentum]
(1) 0x000000000592e9f0
*** Error unwinding stack (-13) ***
PID(12735) failure during processing of request: MultiNext_string. SIGSEGV: segmentation violation: (11) at (MultiNext_string)

The first error occurs because you are out of heap space to call U_STACK_TRACE. This call may be because of the Signal 11.
If you want a more complete stack trace you can make the emergency pool larger:
export UNWIND_RESERVE_MEM=10000
abhinav k

>The first error occurs because you are out of heap space to call U_STACK_TRACE. This call may be because of the Signal 11.
If you want a more complete stack trace you can make the emergency pool larger:

Dennis, can you please explain me in detail how to make the emergency pool larger and exporting the UNWIND_RESERVE MEM variable?
Where and how can I exactly export the variable - UNWIND_RESERVE_MEM.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>can you please explain me in detail how to make the emergency pool larger and exporting the UNWIND_RESERVE MEM variable?

I told you above. If you have a real shell you do:

>Where and how can I exactly export the variable - UNWIND_RESERVE_MEM.

You do this before you start your application. If this is a demon, you would have to work harder to find where to do it.