1752579 Members
3373 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Events

Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

using .forward file is some sort of patchwork where you do not have a way to modify mail configuration. And it is not guaranteed to work.

since you are talking about EMS configurations and such, I am under the impression that you have root capability on this server. If this is true, it makes your life easier.

edit /etc/mail/aliases and insert a line like this :

root: myemail@mydomain.com

run command

newaliases

to compile the binary aliases database

make sure you have a valid mail relay in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file. Look for a line like this:

DSmailrelayhost

where mailrelayhost is usually a MS exchange server handling your organization's internet email relaying. If it is not there you need to create it and make sure the administrators of this mailrelayhost know that you are going to use it to relay mail and have them add your server's IP address to the authorized mail senders list.

If you just want to direct the mail to another user's mailbox on the same system, you do not need the sendmail.cf modifications. Just add the userid as a root alias, like this

root: user1,user2,sysadmin

in /etc/mail/aliases and run newaliases command. Now all the root mail will be sent to all of the users separated by a comma on this line.

Hope this helps.

Hello Roger

You got a handful of solutions now..

You may better do one of the solutions.

Let me confirm you that , my solution is working perfect with my HPUX Servers.

Regards