New Discussion

FC-HBA drivers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adel Elamin
Frequent Advisor

FC-HBA drivers

Dear All
I have rp4440 PN: A9950A, and I installed FC-HBA card in the server, to be connected directly to EMC calariion CX3-10c storage.

The FC-HBA is non HP manufacturer, and I couldn’t find much information written on it, I only found this information written on the main chip: XC2VP7 VIRTEX-II PRO.

My problem is that I couldn’t find drivers for the FC-HBA to be installed on HP-UX 11i V3, & I don’t know if this HBA is detectable now by the system, & how to find the WWN of the FC-HBA on HP-UX 11i V3, since I’m new in HP-UX 11i V3.

Any help will be appreciated
Thank you
13 REPLIES 13
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: FC-HBA drivers

hi,

what do you see if you use this command :

ioscan -fnC fc

you could apply HW-enablement budle, but if the card isn't supported, it will not work under HP-UX.

mikap

HP only support HP fibre channel HBAs in HP9000 and Integrity Servers. For any other vendors HBAs you will have to ask the vendor if they have drivers for HP-UX, as HP won't provide them.

Where did the HBA come from? You will need to track down the vendor to be able to identify this... the p/n you quote above is for a vfairly generic IC component and doesn't tell us what this card is...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Fayez
Trusted Contributor

To be in the save side, always use the supported parts from HP, because you will recive full support and latest drivers from HP.

Beside that, any unsupported parts, may be harm your hardware, be careful!!!!
Adel Elamin
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks to all

1-Michal Kapalka:
A-The output of (# ioscan -fnC fc) is nothing.
B-Iâ ll apply HW-enablement budle which I was fond in this link
http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/releasePage.do?BC=main|releaseIndexPage|&releaseId=0903-11.31
and Iâ ll feed u back soon
2-Duncan Edmonstone & Fayez Zalloum.
I searched venders for HW support but I couldnâ t find drivers for HP-UX 11i V3.
Here is all information written in the FC card.

####THIS INFORMATION WRETTEN ON THE CHIP###
EXILINX
VIRTEX-II PRO
XC2VP7
FF896CGB0553
DI388381A
6C
###THIS INFORMATION WRETTEN IN ON STICKER###
8N 061608508648
DAL1_52_VH2F19 700262306X
-------------------------------------------
PCI-X
-----------------------------------------
AVAYA
------------------------------------

This is all information I found on the fc-hba.
Fayez
Trusted Contributor

These informations dose not lead to any thing useful, So my advice is order new card from HP.

follow this link to find out the supported Mass Storage HBA on your server.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12034_div/12034_div.HTML

Fayez
Trusted Contributor

Another thing to try, in which slot you installed the card, did you installed it in slot#7 or slot#8?? becuase these are for 64 bit 133 MHz PCI-X cards.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

the HW enablemnet should help, if the card is supported from HP-UX, if this will not help you, so you should bye a HBA card supported by HP.

mikap
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Besides Emulex with their LP10000 series, I don't think many vendors made third party fibre channel cards drivers for HP-UX. There's simply not a big market for this. So you pretty much have to stick with HP-branded cards when running HP-UX.

Olivier.
Adel Elamin
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks to all
yah!
This FC-HBA seems will never work on my server, therefore I ordered this PN: A6826A PCI 2 channel PCI 2-Gb/s Fibre Channel, and I installed it, after starting the server, I saw (insf) detect my FC card, and when I run (ioscan â fnC fc) I saw my FC card without installing any additional drivers or software.