New Discussion юеВ

FTP Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Philemon_2
Frequent Advisor

FTP Issue

Hello All,

I tried to change the password of an account on my HP UX box. I can login to server using the new password BUT i can't login to ftp !!!
it seems that it's not syncing the ftp password. How can i fix this?? Please Help me!!!

Regards,
Philemon
6 REPLIES 6
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: FTP Issue

In a default configuration, there is no separate FTP password: all the standard services use the system password.

If the password system is in factory default configuration, it uses "classic" Unix password system. That stores only the first 8 characters of the password. Some login methods may ignore the extra characters, some won't. If your password is longer than 8 characters, try typing only the first 8 characters in the FTP password prompt.

MK
MK
Philemon_2
Frequent Advisor

Password which i used has only 8 characters, i am able to login to Unix but not FTP. before this i use to use same password for both after the password reset i am facing this issue.

Thanks,
Philemon
marsh_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

is the account in /etc/ftpd/ftpusers ?

fwiw

TTr
Honored Contributor

Check the /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log. The ftp daemon logs all errors in detail. You probably need to add the user's shell in /etc/shells.
saravanan08
Valued Contributor

Hi Philemon,

There is no seperate password for ftp.

Due to security reasons your server administrator might have blocked ftp services.

check and confirm that the ftp entry was not commented in /etc/inetd.conf

Or else try to login with sftp.
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

No , Seprate password for ftp services.

Please check as per below

ftpuser.allow ..?
Check ftp or sftp ? enabled in the Server?

if other's (User accounts) ftp/sftp no problem . than pls check with ur SysAdmin.

Thanks,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference