New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fedora Core and Netbackup

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Fedora Core and Netbackup

Hi all:

Trying to backup a FC4 system with Netbackup.
client = FC4 linux with 2.6.9 kernel on Intel x86
master = WIN 2003 server
Netbackup = 5.1 MP4

Yes Symantec says it is unsupported and no further support is available. However I have another FC4 system doing backups fine.

I discovered that the gcc and related components/libraries are not installed.

Is this what is missing?

Anyone else know?

Many thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

did the client install successfully? not sure of it was an rpm installation of the client, but it should have failed if the dependencies did not exist on the box.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

The install went fine - no errors. (rpm) All dependencies are satisified.

All configurations are correct and verified, with additional eyes looking at it as well.

Have another FC4 client system going to Netbackup and they are successful.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Do you have a log or error message that could point to something?

I cannot think in nothing because I have no idea of how is failing, for example:

I/O error, permission denied, unable to connect, etc.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Have created the logs for bpcd, bpdbm, bpbrm for the client and master respectively. The error is 25 - can't connect to socket. The ports on the FC client have 13722, 13782, 13783 and I telnet from master to client and connect on all of those ports.

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Can you capture a working session (just the first part) using tcpdump or ethereal, and do the same capture with the non working system, will try to compare the session.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Compare the /etc/services file for netbackup related entries and make sure you have the right port entries associated with the corresponding.

here is what i see in one of my client.

bpcd 13782/tcp bpcd
bpjava-msvc 13722/tcp bpjava-msvc
bprd 13720/tcp bprd
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Libraries installed via yum.
Backups working for full and incr.

Many thanks to all!