108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: File copying slow in network

trilok_pvp
Frequent Advisor

File copying slow in network

Hi All,

I have 3 HP UX servers.

I am facing a backup problem in HP openview backup. When i tried to copy the file from a Node1 to Node2, it takes 1 min to transfer the 12MB file. But the same file when i try to copy it takes 10 to 15 mins form Node 2 to Node1.

26 REPLIES 26
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Run landiag against the NIC in Node2 (might as well check Node1 while you're at it) and look for collisions or other errors which might indicate a duplex mismatch.

Pete

Pete
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

check if you card have the same speed/duplex.

mikap
trilok_pvp
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I am in remote, How i can check the server in same duplex, any command to check the same.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

use lanadmin and check the speed.

mikap
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

See above: landiag.

Then you'll have to check the switch and how you check that depends on the switch.

Pete

Pete
trilok_pvp
Frequent Advisor

Hi i check all are configuration is same.

Earlier its works fine. last few days only it shows the problem
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

there could be some change on Network layout, ask the Net Admins for some changes.

mikap
trilok_pvp
Frequent Advisor

But if between the same servers, one Node1 server to other server, it is fast. From Node2 to Node1 it is show.

Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Yes, but remember that going out to the network is one thing. But connecting TO another servers' network port is another thing. Check your lancard port speeds. Confirm that they are correct for the card and that they are the same on the switch's port. Then check with your Network Admin that the switch's/router's port is set the same.
If these are not harmonious you will get flakey connections (if any connection at all).

Also, although not knowing your network, it is possible that the traffic in one direction is taking a different route then the traffic in the other direction. This too can affect your speed since you may be traversing different routers and/or making more hops.
Try doing a trace route from both sides and see what way the traffic is going.

Regards,
Rita