1752590 Members
2931 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Formula to increase maxdsiz

Balaji_3
Advisor

Formula to increase maxdsiz

Hi my ulimit size is 65536,I need to increase these as to 89120.So, whats is the value should give in maxdsiz to get 81920.
And is it i have to give Hexa value or integer value in MAXDSIZ Kernel configuration parameter.
Any formula is there to increase these parameters.if it used by formula method,let us show formula.

Advanced Thanks
The word IMPOSSIBLE itself says that I'MPOSSIBLE
3 REPLIES 3
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Re: Formula to increase maxdsiz

If you run ..
# ulimit -a
and check out the value for "stack" (in KB), which should be 65536 as you mentioned, that actually reference to the maxssiz parameter. The "data" value from the above output is a reference to maxdsiz parameter.

Regardless of what parameter you want to change, they should be equal or more than that shown in "ulimit -a". So if you want to bump up maxdsiz to 89120, all you have to do is enter this decimel value in SAM->KernelConfiguration window. There is no need to figure out the math to convert 89120 to hex representation. It accepts either hex or decimel value. If you like you can also use this URL to calculate the hex equivalent.

http://mrdoc.cc/tools/hex.htm

So 89120 equals 0x15C20 in hex.
Balaji_3
Advisor

Hi Chan

I have to increase data size.i.e.,ulimit -d
My ulimit -d output is 65536,I need to increase it by 81920
The word IMPOSSIBLE itself says that I'MPOSSIBLE
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

First lets check out what is maxdsiz value in your kernel ..
# echo maxdsiz/D | adb -k /stand/vmunix /dev/kmem
==> Take the value you got and multiply it by 4. This is the max allowable value in the "ulimit -d" change. If the calculated value is more than 81920 than you should be able to change your data size by running ..

# ulimit -d 81920

Otherwise you will have to increase maxdsiz parameter in the kernel before you can increase your data size with "ulimit -d".