108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Free seminar in Houston

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Free seminar in Houston

Power Tips and Techniques for HP-UX System Administrators will be offered in Houston, Texas on December 9th from 11am to 5pm at the Sheraton Suites near the Galleria. I will be covering a number of areas of system administration with tips and information to make the job easier. This seminar is presented sponsored by Source Direct and in cooperation with GHRUG, the Greater Houston Regional User Group. The seminar is free of charge and lunch will be provided.

Contact Dave Crawford at (713) 473-5368 to reserve your place at this seminar. Additional details are attached.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
27 REPLIES 27
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Free seminar in Houston

Apparently the doc file was corrupted during upload. Here is a pdf file with the details.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Apparently the doc file was corrupted during upload.

It looks like a .ppt.
If it was a .doc, there is a known limitation of the forums and IE. You'll need to use this URL:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com//service/forums/getattachment.do?attachmentId=345603&ext=.DOC
Or for your slides:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com//service/forums/getattachment.do?attachmentId=345603&ext=.ppt
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Actually, it was a docx file...I'm not happy with 2007 Office. pdf is a lot more portable these days.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

>Dennis: If it was a .doc, there is a known limitation of the forums and IE . .

Is there any link you know about limitation AND what kind of documents can be used in forum as attachments. Sometimes I had problems about attachments.
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

>Bill:

seems good event to join, if I live near Dallas, probably would find a way to attend this.
After seminar,will it be online substitute of this seminar ?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Source Direct University is providing this seminar so I will work with them to look at online events. Dallas is certainly a possibility in the future, along with longer events. Let me know what you would like to have in terms of topics and what locations (cities) would work for you.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am open to learn on any System Administration AND Security subjects. Since I am working on a project in that I am not responsible core HP-UX , I am looking for any occasion to learn more. I am unfortunately living in Turkey, long way from Dallas, I had been there in 1997 for business purpose.
So , this is the reason why I asked any chance to get this seminar online. Good luck in seminar.
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

It would be nice :) if we can have "seminar" ONLINE

or any sort streaming videos about the seminar,

Because "I live the other side of the World"
.... :(

>>>This seminar is about presenting best practices and sharing tools that do not exist on most HP-UX systems. Each participant will receive a CD with these powerful HP-UX tools<<

Also if any "ftp /http" site available " to have CD's for download- " will much happy" :)

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Looks like a good initiative! All the best!