108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP Reboot and Console help

SOLVED
Go to solution
Greg Stark_1
Frequent Advisor

GSP Reboot and Console help

We have an L2000 which we cannot login to becuase some moved the wrong version of nsswitch.conf into /etc. I think I need to boot into single user mode and edit the file by changing:
passwd: compat
to:
passwd: files
I can login to the gsp via the web console. How do I reboot into single user mode from the gsp? I know these commands are different than regular HP commands and can be a little "touchy". Unfortuneatly, I can't seem to get the forum search engine to return any results.

Our L2000 also has a 3-way splitter coming out of the console port. The ends are labeled:
UPS
REMOTE
CONSOLE
With this splitter, is it possible to have both the web console and the standard console functional at the same time?

Thanks again for you help.
Greg
2 REPLIES 2
Jean-Louis Phelix
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

You can't have a clean rebbot from GSP. The only thing you can do is a soft reset using the RS command. Then interrupt boot process at prompt, then use "bo", "interact with IPL yes" and finally at the ISL prompt use "hpux -is"

Regards.
It works for me (┬й Bill McNAMARA ...)
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

As long as you can get to the console, you would be fine. At the console (regardless of how to get to it), enter CTRL-B and it'll prompt for "service processor login" and "password", just hit enter for both and that should bring you to GSP prompt. In GSP prompt enter "rs" (for reset).
GSP> rs
That will reboot your system, still in GSP mode enter "co" (console).
GSP> co
which will bring you to your console mode. Interrupt the boot up as usual and boot up in single user mode.
ISL> hpux -is
Yes the web console would be connected to "REMOTE" and the std console to "CONSOLE" and both can work at the same time.