New Discussion юеВ

Guest name diffrent in HPVM Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
DKC
Advisor

Guest name diffrent in HPVM Server

Hello Folks,

I am new with HPVM machine.Anyone can suggest me its possible we can change guest name ? I mean what are name mention in Host system its not reflecting in Guest system. I am able to view the guest system with #hpvmstatus -V -P vm_name in Host system . vm_name i have collect from hpvmstatus command. but the guest name is diffrent in guest system.

Regards,
Dev
3 REPLIES 3
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Guest name diffrent in HPVM Server

Hi Devkant,

man hpvmmodify

-N new-vm-name

Specifies the new name for the virtual machine being modified, assuming no virtual machine with that name already exists. The name can consist of up to 256 alphanumeric characters, including A-Z, a-z, 0-9, the dash (├в ), the underscore (_), and period (.). The virtual machine name cannot start with a dash (-).

The virtual machine name can only be changed by using the -N option. The name change takes effect immediately.

# hpvmmodify -P guest -N new-vm-name

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi Devkant,

I understand what you are saying this way,

1. you have given a name for your HPVM guest machine.

2. When you check it in guest machine ( how you are checking?), it is not reflecting.

I dont know if I am trying to think the way you think,

are you trying to check the name with
#hostname command????

Then you are wrong!!! hostname is not what you give the name for HPVM guest....

If your query is different, let me know.

Because there is no other way for conflict. becasue if you are checking that from guest( you need to install additional package to run the commands from guest) both will take form the same database!!

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie