New Discussion юеВ

HP C/aC ++ Developer bundle

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kwahae_1
Regular Advisor

HP C/aC ++ Developer bundle

Hi all,
I am running an HP-UX with BUNDLE11i B.11.11.0306.1 Required Patch Bundle for HP-UX 11i, June 2003.

Is it possible I can install the HP C/aC ++ Developers bundle on top of it. The C/aC++ is from an HP-UX 11i V2 June 2007 distribution.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Roberto Arias
Valued Contributor

Re: HP C/aC ++ Developer bundle

is possible but you need codeword for this
The man is your friend
Kwahae_1
Regular Advisor

I have a codeword. I was just worried about the differences in versions. V1 June 2003 and V2 June 2007?
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Kwahae,

According to this document it should work just fine, since we are using the same bundle for HP-UX 11.11 and 11.23

http://www.hp.com/softwarereleases/releases-media2/proginfo/5991-6571.pdf

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Jaime: According to this document it should work just fine, since we are using the same bundle for HP-UX 11.11 and 11.23

The document says nothing about using 11.23 on 11.11. While it may have the same compiler bits, it is packaged differently.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

>Is it possible I can install the HP C/aC ++ Developers bundle on top of it? The C/aC++ is from an HP-UX 11i v2 June 2007 distribution.

No, you can't do that. You must install the appropriate 11i v1 HP C/aC ++ Developers bundle, preferably from Sept 2008.

>I was just worried about the differences in versions. V1 June 2003 and V2 June 2007?

The importance is v1 vs v2, not the dates.
Kwahae_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks Denis,

I thought so. Since I don't have a codeword for V1 C++ I guess I will just install latest gcc.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Since I don't have a codeword for V1 C++

I thought codewords were specific to a machine. And since HP C/aC ++ Developers bundle is CPU core based, you may have to pay different prices for each machine.
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

Codewords are not specific to a machine.
Codewords are specific to a license agreement.
Technically it's no problem to enter the codeword and copy the compiler depot into a local software depot. After that you're able to install from that depot without entering the codeword again... on all machines you like. But you break the license agreement if you do so.

My 2 cents,
Armin
And now for something completely different...
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Kwahae,

Like I said, before there was a bundle specific for HP-UX 11.11 which was B3913DB as stated in the PDF link that I sent before, later on HP decided to put all the bundles together into just one, that was going to work for all the version 11.11, 11.23 and 11.31 which B9007AA, also stated in the same document.

Like they explained to you here, the only thing you will need is the codeword since they are specific to your company and not to the product.

Even though HP delivers bundle specific part numbers for different OS├В┬┤s, in this specific situation is not the case anymore.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.