New Discussion юеВ

HP Insight Agent for VMware ESX - Threshold Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
Silas Lane
Occasional Contributor

HP Insight Agent for VMware ESX - Threshold Configuration

Hello,

I have the HP Management Agent for VMware/ESX installed on my proliant machine. All is working fine.

I want to send traps to my management server (Netcool) when certain thresholds for power supply, fan speed and temperature are reached.

Looking at the configuration I can see that certain thresholds are set for these. I would like to be able to alter the threshold settings for each parameter in order to send test traps to my management server.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to change the thresholds and if so how?

Kind regards

Silas Lane
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP Insight Agent for VMware ESX - Threshold Configuration

These are individually set at the factory based on the design of the system and the components being protected. There is no purpose in changing them.

You obviously can set the IP address or DNS name for the location of your management server. The MIBs can be found for the ProLiant management agents in the \TOOLKIT\MIBS directory of the Management CD included with your server.
Silas Lane
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Insight Agent for VMware ESX - Threshold Configuration

I think that there is a point in being able to change them for testing purposes (i.e. it's good to be able to send test failures to make sure that my Netcool rules work correctly) but that's a matter of opinion.

Anyway, thanks for the definitive answer. Greatly appreaciated.

Kind regards

Silas