New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Integrity VM - Boot Disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
FOBF
Frequent Advisor

HP Integrity VM - Boot Disk

Hi everyone

I have a rx6600 with 2x146GB Disk HP-UX v3 installed, i know that HP Integriry VM is support for this server but i am not sure how many disk VM Host server will need in order to create 4 VM Guest? The guest server need a dedicated disk?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

Use recommended hardware configuration (memory size, disk space) for the operating system to be installed on the virtual machine .

Read the below page for detailed info.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12715_div/12715_div.HTML

Rgds...
P Arumugavel
Respected Contributor

The HP Integrity VM Sizer is an automated tool that assists the user with the size and scope of a server environment supporting HP Integrity VM. The sizing information and algorithms have been developed using testing and performance data on HP servers running HP Integrity VM.

This tool provides:
1. Quick and consistent methodology to determine a 'best-fit' server for your environment.
2. Bill of Materials (BOM) based on user input from the selected choice of solutions

Download and install the toll from below link.

http://sizers.houston.hp.com/sb/installs/IntegrityVM_Sizer.zip

Rgds...
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor
Solution

No, guest does not need dedicated disk. if you have san connectivity, it's good because you can use as much space as for guest boot disks.

if you don't have san connectivity, you can use free space in vmhost's disks. you can assign logical volumes that is created from this free space, as guest boot disks.
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
Manix
Honored Contributor

>>? The guest server need a dedicated disk?
if this is true then why we need VMs ..the whole comcecpt of IVM is that the disks,lvols,fs CPU cycles ,memory chunks can be shared from the host side & the VMs can be discretely booted.

Of course the resource sharing comes with the cost of redundancy of HW failures that you need
to plan , but its possible to do many things
on a a same piece of disk /luns.

Thanks
Manix
HP-UX been always lovable - Mani Kalra
FOBF
Frequent Advisor

Thanks to all guys, now i am clear.

Regards