108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Mirrordisk/UX on C8000

SOLVED
Go to solution
NonGuru
Advisor

HP Mirrordisk/UX on C8000

I was doing some reading regarding Mirrordisk/UX, I see pricing for server and not for worstations. Can any tell me if I can install without cost or which license is need for my workstation? Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Ramesh S
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi

You need to have license for Mirrordisk/UX. There is no server or workstation license for Mirrordisk/UX product.

-Ram
Kranti Mahmud
Honored Contributor

Hi NonGuru,

Mirrordisk/UX is available in the cd of: Mission Critical Operating Environment (MCOE) CD. U can deploy it from here.

Rgds-Kranti
Dont look BACK as U will miss something INFRONT!
TTr
Honored Contributor

Mirrordisk/UX is available as a standalone product to be purchased and it is bundled in the OS media only if you have bought EOE (Enterprise operating Environment) or MCOE (Mission Critical OE). It is not included in the FOE (Foundation OE) OS media. Before 11.00 there were separate media for servers and workstations because the older workstations were separate hardware platforms. The recent workstations B and C series are the same hardware platform as the servers and the OS media is the same for all.
TTr
Honored Contributor

There is also MTOE and TCOE but there are less used and known.

Look at http://docs.hp.com/en/5187-2725/apds01.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

It shows what each environment contains. It does not show it on the table but all OE install fine on workstations as well.
NonGuru
Advisor

So for a C8000 which lic applies per processor, pero core 2 & 4 sockets IPF or 8 ?
TTr
Honored Contributor

I have not bought any workstations recently (The last one was a C3600 when they firstcame ut) but all the OE software on the servers I buy is sold (licensed) and supported on a per core basis. (So for a dual core processor you need 2 licenses). The pricing structure is also based on the server class and size. I assume it might be the same on the C8000.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>So for a C8000 which license applies per processor, per core 2 & 4 sockets?

This is a workstation. How many CPUs are in it? It appears it supports up to 4 cores.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/12454-12454-296719-307908-3329729-408101.html
NonGuru
Advisor

It has two. I gues the question is what are the socket IPF?
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>what are the socket IPF?

IPF == Integrity, which is unrelated to C8000.
I'm not sure what your question is?