5507 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant ML110 G7 RAID server SUSE LInux SLES 11

paco88
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant ML110 G7 RAID server SUSE LInux SLES 11

Hi,

I am trying to get the OS to pick up that there is a RAID logical drive created.  I have a HP Proliant ML110 G7 RAID server and loading SUSE Linux SLES 11.  The issue I am having is getting the RAID logical drive to be seen.  It is not being picked up by the OS when I do the installation.

The issue I encounter is that the OS does not see the RAID during the installation process so possibly the OS is installed on one of the RAID drives but not the logical drive created by the RAID.  I downloaded the SLES 11 Service Pack 1 which is recommended for this server but it is not seeing the RAID logical drive.

Is there a procedure I should follow to get this to work and get SLES 11 to properly install on the RAID drive?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
paco88
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Proliant ML110 G7 RAID server SUSE LInux SLES 11

I followed this procedure:

https://drivers.suse.com/hpe/HPE-ProLiant-G7/sle11-sp1-x86_64/install-readme.html

media Name Size MD5SUM Download hp-proliant-g7-sle11-sp1-x86_64.iso 475M 529ad585a44eb9b52b199fddbb4dcabd download installation Media installation

1. Download the ISO image above.
  2. Burn it to an empty CD/DVD media.
  3. Start the installation using the new CD/DVD medi, having the standard SUSE Linux Enterprise media at hand or a URL to a network installation server.
  4. If doing a network install, enter the URL of the network install source on the boot command line using the 'install=' option.
  5. If doing installation from optical media the installer will first boot from the driver kit and then ask to insert CD1 of the SUSE Linux Enterprise product.
  6. An updated kernel will be used for installation and installed onto the system.

For step #5, it asks to insert CD1.  I inserted the SLES 11 SP1 DVD and it does not recognized it as CD1, I also tried the Boot Driver Disk.  Neither were recognized as CD1.  I click back and it goes back to regular installation but it fails to see the RAID logical drive and only wants to install on one of the RAID drives which does not work.

Can some one please advise!