5555 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Service guard configuration

SUDHAKAR_18
Trusted Contributor

HP Service guard configuration

Hi,

I want a step by step procedure for configuring high availablity cluster serviceguard for 2 node cluster.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Sudhakar
4 REPLIES 4
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Hi Sudhakar

Check this site

http://docs.hp.com/en/ha.html#Serviceguard
a warrior never quits
CharlesC
Advisor

Hi,

Hope the following would help.

1) Create a subdirectory for the new package:
#> mkdir /etc/cmcluster/pkg1

2) Generate a package configuration template for the package:
#> cmmakepkg -p /etc/cmcluster/pkg1/pkg1conf.ascii

3) Edit the configuration file.

4) Generate a control script template for the package:
#> cmmakepkg -s /etc/cmcluster/pkg1/pkg1.sh

5) Edit the control script.

6) Verify the ASCII file:
#> cmcheckconf -P /etc/cmcluster/pkg1/pkg1conf.ascii

7) Specify a new set of nodes to be configured and generate a template of the new configuration:
#> cmquerycl -C /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii -c cluster1 -n host1 -n host2

8) Edit the clconfig.ascii to check the information about the node.

9) Verify the new configuration:
#> cmcheckconf -C /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii

10) Verify the new cluster configuration and package configuration:
#> cmcheckconf -C /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii -P /etc/cmcluster/pkg1/pkg1conf.ascii

11) Distribute the new package configuration to all nodes in the cluster:
#> cmapplyconf -C /etc/cmcluster/clconfig.ascii -P /etc/cmcluster/pkg1/pkg1conf.ascii

12) Copy the control script to the /etc/cmcluster/pkg1 directory on all nodes that can run the package.

What if...
Aashique
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Please check the attached doc.

Thanks & Regards

Aashique
boje
Regular Advisor

Hi!
Old thread i know, but i found this whit google. I have a question about LV configuration in the control file. I´f i have a package that can run on two different hosts. And i want to remove a mount point that is specified in the control file. This is a part of the control file on one of the hosts:
LV[0]="/dev/p01_vg10/DVEBMGS00";FS[0]="/usr/sap/P01/DVEBMGS00";FS_MOUNT_OPT[0]="-o delaylog";FS_FSCK_OPT[0]=""
LV[1]="/dev/p01_vg11/sapmnt";FS[1]="/sapmnt/P01";FS_MOUNT_OPT[1]="-o delaylog";FS_FSCK_OPT[1]=""; FS_TYPE[1]="vxfs"
LV[2]="/dev/p01_vg12/jetform";FS[2]="/usr/jetform";FS_MOUNT_OPT[2]="-o delaylog";FS_FSCK_OPT[2]=""
LV[3]="/dev/p01_vg13/saptrans";FS[3]="/export/trans";FS_MOUNT_OPT[3]="-o delaylog";FS_FSCK_OPT[3]=""
LV[4]="/dev/p01_vg14/archive";FS[4]="/archive";FS_MOUNT_OPT[4]="-o delaylog";FS_FSCK_OPT[4]=""

If i want to remove the /export/trans entry, can i just put a # before the line LV[3]? And then copy the control file to the other host? Is there any problem to remove the line? I was thinking on the order of the lines. they are all staring with: LV[0], LV[1] and so on. If i remove the LV[3] line will it result in any problem with the following numbers?

Br
Patrik