4162 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Software depo Apache with LDAP issue

thedevopsguy
Collector

HP Software depo Apache with LDAP issue

HI guys,

I've come to this great community with a problem that everything that I could find is related to a bug, in the ldap code in the apache  but nothing else.

My problem happens after installing the Apache from HP software depo, it installs sucessfully and everything, but when I setup a directory with mod_authz_ldap and validate if its working I'm getting the following error:

[Fri Feb 27 23:03:27 2015] [debug] util_ldap.c(313): LDAP: Setting referrals to On.
[Fri Feb 27 23:03:27 2015] [debug] util_ldap.c(333): Setting referral hop limit to 5.
[Fri Feb 27 23:03:27 2015] [debug] util_ldap.c(341): Unable to set LDAP_OPT_REFHOPLIMIT option to 5: -1.
[Fri Feb 27 23:03:27 2015] [info] [client <hidden-ip>] [13711] auth_ldap authenticate: user asd authentication failed; URI /soap-server [(null)][Can't contact LDAP server]

I'm running this apache in a brand new HP-UX server  so nothing it is installed except the Apache. Have any of you faced this problem before? 

I'm doing the same configuration with the same Apache version but in a Linux box and is working just fine. So I really thing it has to do on how the HPUX version was built.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to HP-UX > sysadmin. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Chris Howard
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Software depo Apache with LDAP issue

Did you get any replies to this?  I have the same problem with server we configured in Feb/April 2016.