4540 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Surestore Optical Drive (2600fx)

Michael Elleby III_1
Trusted Contributor

HP Surestore Optical Drive (2600fx)

Hello all-

Have one for you. I have one of these Optical drives installed on an test server (H70), running 11.00.

The server 'sees' the drive and has built device files on boot, but Sam does not recognize the device, nor can I mount the device on a filesystem.

Spoke to HP, and they indicated that I should have drivers autox0 and ssrfc configured into the kernel, which I have done, yet I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Mike-
Knowledge Is Power
6 REPLIES 6
Chuck J
Valued Contributor

Re: HP Surestore Optical Drive (2600fx)

You may need to execute the mknod command. Have you done that yet?
Michael Elleby III_1
Trusted Contributor

User/Setup guide does not indicate the requirement of a mknod command. I could be wrong, but isn't a mknod usually used when you are installing the robotics for an autochanger?

Mike
Knowledge Is Power
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Mike,
load disk and try again. If it will not help, then initialize the disk using mediainit, create file system etc. and try again. Driver autox0 is for autochanger robot, not for MO drives. As I remember disc3 is useed for them.
Eugeny
Michael Elleby III_1
Trusted Contributor

Eugeny-

The drive is using the disc3 driver, as revealed on an ioscan. The problem is, I can't mount the drive to a filesytem to read an already written disk. Sam says it is unable to determine the type of disk drive at the corresponding hardware path.

Mike-
Knowledge Is Power
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Mike, try pfs_mount
Eugeny
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Install HP Library and Tape Tools and test disk drive/update firmware. Are you sure it's operational? How long it takes to load MO disk inside (you should hear quiet whistling sound and sound of heads moving - should be ~6sec)?
Eugeny